Throughout this virtual event, topics that were concerned with applying to university and how to get into university were summed up. The high school students were able to become more familiar with how to use websites such as the Ontario University Application Centre (OUAC) and Ontario College Application Service (OCAS). The quick tutorial made the students feel more comfortable. They were guided to apply to the programs that interest them. The websites provided for them are straightforward and easy to use; by giving them tours and tutorials on how to find what they are looking for, such as grade range cut-offs, high school prerequisites, etc., the students began to catch on to how to utilize the appropriate websites. Students were coming and going throughout the event, leaving us with 50 students showing up, compared to the 67 total registered.
Where: Virtually on Zoom
When: Saturday, October 24th 2020,
Time: 4:00PM to 5:30PM
Number of participants registered: 67 people
- 60 High School students
- 13 Community members
Throughout the event we discussed…
- How to apply to university?
- How to find the right school and program?
- Utilizing the Ontario University’ Info website and ressource, specifically on the programme browser section.
- How to know your eligibility for a program?
- Verifying the requirement for a desired program by demonstrating the Carleton University undergraduate admission webpage and utilizing the comparison feature on the Ontario University’ Info website.
- Testimonial… What was your experience like in post-secondary, specifically at Carleton University?
- Jojo provided a 10 minutes interactive testimonial on his overall university experience. He provided advice and shared his insight on how to succeed.