The Afro-Caribbean Mentorship Program (ACMP) is an initiative dedicated to supporting the success of African, Caribbean, Black (ACB) and other racialized Carleton University undergraduate and graduate students on campus, while encouraging them to be confident members in our Ottawa community.
We recognize that ACB and other racialized students encounter racism and other forms of discrimination, that impede upon their social development as students. Our mission is to create an inclusive campus space while fostering academic success.
The ACMP will help mentor ACB and other racialized students in the following areas:
– Applying to post-undergraduate programs
– Writing skills
– Practicing positive relationships
– Practicing safer sex
– Discussions of Black and racialized Canadian scholars
– Conference readiness support
– Publication support
– Scholarship and bursary workshops
– Financial literacy
– Networking with professionals
– Communication skills
– Confidence building
– Resume and interview skills