The Afro-Caribbean Mentorship Program (ACMP) is an initiative dedicated to supporting the success of African, Caribbean, Black (ACB) and other racialized undergraduate and graduate students on campus, while encouraging them to be confident members in our Ottawa community.
We recognize that the experiences of ACB and other racialized minorities encounter racism, such as anti-black racism, and other forms of discrimination, that impede upon their social development as students. Advocating for an inclusive campus is ACMP’s mission while supporting the success of racialized students.
The ACMP will help mentor ACB and other racialized students in the following areas:
- Networking with professionals
- Financial literacy
- Applying to post-undergraduate programs
- Writing skills
- Practicing positive relationships
- Practicing safer sex
- Discussions of Black and racialized Canadian scholars
- Conference readiness support
- Publication support
- Communication skills
- Confidence building
- Resume and interview skills